Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Scrappy Goodness

As a quilter I seem to collect scraps of material. They've been getting put into a couple of bins.




 One of my projects recently has been to go through my scrap bin and either toss it or use it. I'm proud that my bin is now closeable! I've done that by either tossing or using. I've still got plenty of scraps left but its a lot more manageable than it was.

I've been making these blocks with scraps from my bin.




And now have a whole lot of them!




Decluttering and creating. Always fun!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love what you are doing with your fabric scraps...getting something beautiful out your clutter. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...I wonder if I should just make a collage out of some of the stuff on my desk. That would help contain some of it and I could get creative as well. :) You have also reminded me that I have a chest full of surfaces that I stored to paint on someday. These days I do more "fine arts" than decorative painting, so maybe I should see if I can find homes for some of that stuff. It would give me an empty chest to store other stuff in. Maybe I could even put that extra bedding in there and put off cleaning out that dreaded linen closet. Hey, I'm starting to like this de-clutter group. You are all making me think as well as act. :)

    ReplyDelete