Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Declutter Week 6: The dreaded desk.

I finally tackled the desk nook in my living room! It had been quite an eyesore. So much so that I avoided taking the dreaded before picture. Rather I'm showing off the clean "new" desk that I've uncovered. 

The old printer that was there has been replaced with a fully hooked up new printer that actually works thanks to a tech savvy friend! The cupboard under the desk has been cleaned out too and it's actually possible to find what's stored there. 

As part of the desk tackling we also went through all my old computer parts, cords and cables and have gotten rid of over two thirds of the stuff that I had. No more am I keeping a broken motherboard, adapters for computer parts I no longer have, and a collection of about a dozen (!) phone cords. 

I'm really pleased with what I've accomplished this week! 


 

5 comments:

  1. You've done a fantastic job. My clutter free desk is starting to look a little messy again, but I still have not figured out where everything should go. I've now moved my old computer out of the room, which gave me a spot to put the little drawer unit that holds special papers and used to sit under my printer. The new printer is too big to put on top of that, so I tried putting it where the old computer was, in the picture I posted, but that didn't work. It's now on the other side of the desk, and I think that will work better. It's an ongoing project, until I find an arrangement that works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my desk is going to take a little rearranging too until everything is just perfect. Things always take some adjustment. But it's so worth it!

      Delete
  2. I got rid of all my miscellaneous cables and computer bits recently too. I no longer had any idea what half of the stuff was originally for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one spangly work area! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now just to keep it looking spangly (what a great word!).

      Delete