Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The kitchen table: Declutter Post Week 8

I'm pretty embarrassed by the before picture. 

This corner of the kitchen had become the dumping ground for a number of things: boxes that needed to be taken to the garbage, a coffee maker that needed to be set up, a non working printer that need to be thrown out, various boxes of stuff that had no home and reusable grocery store bags.  Everything just seemed to end up there and the before picture definitely shows that. 

I'm much happier with the after picture. The coffee maker is set up. Trash has been taken to the garbage chute - three trips worth of it. A fresh table cloth (the old one will be washed and returned to the friend who lent it to me a few years back. Reusable grocery store  bags all gathered and ready to go down to the car where they will actually be available when I go shopping. A few things got moved to the table that I'll eventually look to re-home when I get to cleaning out other kitchen cupboards.

And look I even have a floor!!!!



6 comments:

  1. As my Mum would say - That is a good job jobbed Yvonne. Our dining table has suffered the same fate as the gatherer of stuff that has no home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feels so good to tackle it - though I do have to admit it felt pretty overwhelming when I started!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that corner looks amazing now! You done good work today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I have a similar situation right here behind me, that perhaps I'll try to tackle tomorrow. I'm know there is stuff there that doesn't have a home, and won't though, until I clean out a couple of closets. But hey, the visible stuff is what I want to clean up first eh. LOL Wish me luck. I have no idea how I will accomplish this task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! All I can suggest just having tackled a mountain of stuff is to work at making it better and not worry about making it perfect.

      Delete