Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Japanese Knot Bag

I wanted an easy and different bag pattern and found this great little pattern for a Japanese Knot bag. 

Side 1
Side 2
 I had some purple fabrics that I thought would be just perfect for it. I know... big surprise that I'd want to make this purple! I fussed a bit and interfaced the bag which gives it the nice body. 

I enjoyed making it so much I made it in pink too:

It looked like, and was, a quick and easy project. I'm going to definitely make again, probably with a few tweaks to personalize it and hopefully adapt it so there is no hand-sewing. 
 The pattern can be found here . Pattern errata:  cut 2 pieces each of bag lining and main fabric not one piece as indicated.


  1. They turned out great! Are these the shoe bags you were telling me about?

    1. No but a bit of fussing and adapting and they'd make awesome shoe bags - just need to make them longer. Another project!!!!

    2. Awesome, and now pink! Wonder who that's for?!?!